Thursday, June 12, 2014
1 Match Down, 63 To Go
The first game of this year's World Cup has come to a close. The lasting impression... Brazil kind of played like crap. Yes they won 3-1 but it was not impressive at all. The Brazilian defense was very unimpressive and they left huge gaps on the field for Modric and Co to exploit. What truly enraged me was the refereeing. What was that penalty call?! The defender did not even touch him. It kind of felt that the referee was feeling the pressure that came with Brazil playing and kind of favored them. However, the Croatian goal keeper was nothing to write home about. He should have blocked that penalty and Oscar's final toe poke goal. I was more impressed by Croatia's performance and really feel that leading up to this game they were not giving the respect they deserve. I thought they were more entertaining and their counter attacks were impressive. Brazil looked slow and reluctant to defend. David Luiz, who is not worth 30 million pounds to PSG, and Thiago Silva did not organize the defense well and that was evident with Marcelo's own goal. I thought that Neymar and Luka Modric were the two bright spots of the game. I also thought that Modric looked pretty good with his new hairstyle. Maybe loosing all that hair made him move faster?
The take away from this game, Brazil are not infallible and need to not play like that ever again or fear losing the World Cup and pissing off a lot of Brazilians. Now time to look forward to tomorrow's World Cup 2010 Final rematch. Obviously I want Spain to win but I haven't seen the Netherlands play since their disappointing 2012 Euro run so who knows. Maybe they have improved. I am just happy that I can now stop listening to announcers, turtles and octopi predict the winner and finally watch some football.
Labels:
Brazil,
Croatia,
Luka Modric,
World Cup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBlake, if Neymar was not part of Barcelona, would you be saying the same thing?
ReplyDeleteyes! he had a pretty good game! once world cup season starts club affiliations are lost!
ReplyDelete